Webseite BdU Consulting AG
BdU Consulting AG provides various services in the IT sector in cooperation with medium sized as well as large and established companies. We have been prospering since 1998, and have been active in the French-speaking part of Switzerland as well since 2010.
For a position at one of our customers, in Prilly & remote we are looking for a
z/OS System Engineer (m/f) 100%
You will work in an international environment in a global company. This position is a permanent employment. We are looking for an experienced z/OS System Engineer bringing a proven experience over several years (at least 6-7 years). English and French language knowledge are required. This position cannot be staffed by an operator, production control specialist, programmer, DataBase administrator, job Scheduler, HW Technician and so on.
Due to legal restrictions, even if remote working is partially possible, the candidate will have to work always physically located in Switzerland. Periodically he/she will have to join the location situated in Prilly and he/she will be engaged as well in a stand by service.
- As experienced z/OS System engineer you should be able, after an introduction into the specific environment, to work independently in a small team of about 10 people.
- You will install, parameterize, activate, execute problem investigation, problem solving of the usual products utilized in a z/OS environment
- The team where you will work is in charge of the management of a mainframe (HW/SW) environment including the related security (RACF), the storage (DASD, Tape, B&R, DRP), the compliance, the metrology, the performance, the automation, the network topics.
General deep Z/OS knowledge and experience, having at least a specific knowledge in one of these area:
- DFSMS, DFHSM, DFRMM, Flashcopy, GDPS knowledge are welcome
- Security (RACF, LDAP)
- Networking (TCP/IP, VTAM)
- Performance management, metrology (RMF, Omegamon, TDS)
- Programming Language (Assembler, Rexx, Java, Cobol)
- Automation (Netview, System Automation, TWS)
- English good
- French good
You can look forward to interesting, varied and different activities. A cheerful and motivated team is looking forward to you. Give your career the next boost! We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your complete application documents including cover letter, resume with photo and work certificates and refer to our job ID REF-2021-063. Please send all documents via email to email@example.com.