Website BdU Consulting AG
BdU Consulting AG provides various services in the IT sector in cooperation with medium sized as well as large and established companies. We have been prospering since 1998, and have been active in the French-speaking part of Switzerland as well since 2010.
For a position at one of our customers, in Zurich(+Basel) we are looking for a
Mainframe Hardware Engineer (m/f) 100%
You will work in an international environment in a global company. This position will start ASAP.
We’re looking for a mainframe hardware engineer. In this role you have a challenging but interesting function. Together with the other team members you are
- Responsible for planning, installation, configuration and maintenance of z/OS HW and all related peripherals
- Responsible for the realization of technical z/OS HW-related projects
- Responsible for problem management and problem determination of HW-related components and products
- Responsible for microcode planning and management
- Responsible to keep all documentations current
- Expected to do 7×24 3rd level engineering support according to the on-call plan
You’ll be working in the mainframe hardware engineering team in either Zurich or Basel. Your team is responsible to provide all mainframe hardware and corresponding peripherals. You will a member of a small German speaking team with a lot of experience and expertise. The team supports each other to provide the best results for the bank.
- Expert skills in z/OS operating systems architecture, design & implementation
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in the area of z/OS mainframe areal
- Experience and Know How in the area of Storage configuration, Tape, SAN, Network, Mainframe, Coupling facility, Sysplex Timer and System setups and Config definitions
- Self-motivated technical oriented person to serve and support the customer
- Able to work close together with external vendors
- Team Player, initiative and customer oriented thinking, must perform independently, self-starter
- Good English knowledge is mandatory, German is nice to have
- Willing to cover 7x24x365 On-Call 3rd Level Engineering Support and to work sporadically on Weekends
You can look forward to interesting, varied and different activities. A cheerful and motivated team is looking forward to you. Give your career the next boost! We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your complete application documents including cover letter, resume with photo and work certificates and refer to our job ID REF-2021-085. Please send all documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.